Public Service Workshops Program
Providing Professional Development and Training New York State Employees Since 1983.
Dated: April 25, 2012
The Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) is for New York State PEF–represented and Management/Confidential (M/C) employees. Most workshops address the professional development needs of employees in job titles or professions within seven major Occupational Groups. For more information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Register through SLMS
Employees can register for these workshops through SLMS, the State’s online learning management system at www.goer.ny.gov/Training_Development/SLMS/index.cfm. This link will take you to the SLMS welcome page. If your agency has supplied you with a Username and Password, simply enter your username and password in the fields provided.
If your agency has not given you a Username and Password, contact your training office.
If you still need assistance, contact the SLMS Help desk at SLMSHelpdesk@goer.ny.gov or call 518-473-8087.
Login today to check PSWP’s schedule of workshops to make sure that you don’t miss the deadline to register for the workshops that interest you.
- Agency PSWP Liaisons
- Each state agency has a PSWP Liaison who serves as the primary contact and information resource for agency managers and employees who wish to take advantage of the program. In addition, liaisons help identify and guide the development of workshops to address the needs of the agency’s PEF–represented and M/C employees, in alignment with agency goals.
- Suggest a Workshop Topic
- PEF–represented and M/C employees are encouraged to use this form to suggest potential workshop topics relevant to their jobs, professions, and continuing education requirements.
- PSWP Workshop Request (PWR) Form
- PSWP workshops are tailored to the diverse professional development needs of PEF–represented and Management/Confidential (M/C) employees. Liaisons, as well as management and/or union representatives, may use this form to request the delivery and/or development for an agency specific workshop.
- Past Workshops Held
- Course descriptions from previous PSWP workshops provide information to participants and their agencies and a glimpse at PSWP's role in professional development.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More PSWP information is available in this series of questions and answers.
- Professional Development Program
- Public Service Workshops Program
Rockefeller College, University at Albany
University Administration Building
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222