Managing Workplace Conflict: The Self-as-Mediator, The Manager-as-Mediator
Course: The Self-as-Mediator
All State employees
This course is designed to put the tools of the professional mediator into the hands of any employee who works with others. This skill-based course from the Dana Mediation Institute teaches participants how to manage the differences that impair teamwork, quality, decision making, job motivation, and cooperation.
- Learning when to use self-mediation to resolve conflict
- Eliminating communication behaviors that impair effective conflict resolution
- Understanding the conflict and resolution cycles and how to use them
- Describing a four step self-mediation process
- Putting self-mediation tools to work
Course: The Manager-as-Mediator
This course follows the completion of the Self-as-Mediator course and is also from the Dana Mediation Institute. It is designed for supervisors and managers who are responsible for the cooperative work of others.
- Understanding the consequences of conflict
- Preparing for preliminary meetings with employees
- Planning the best context for a mediation meeting
- Performing the three primary tasks of the manager-as-mediator
- Contracting for agreement
Phone number: (518) 474-6772
Offered by agency trainers who have completed a GOER Train-the-Trainer course.
Consultant delivery available at agency expense.